Thursday, October 21, 2010

planetary hand map...

planetearyhandmap
found this image stepped on and creased within an enormous scattering of clipped words and images from old magazines beneath my work desk. i tend to use the mess mostly like eno's oblique strategy cards, reaching down and picking some scrap of paper up in the hopes it will serve as a trigger or suggestion. i know this hand is from a 1964 scientific american magazine... but unfortunately i cut it out so long ago that i have no idea if it was from an ad or an article, nor what in the world it might be illustrating...

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

basic palmistry according to wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmistry
j

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Aimee Mullins said...

While I do feel there are universal themes, the execution seems to be cultural or to a specific time and place. Once in awhile you get some bodies of work that seem to transcend

7:48 PM  
Blogger sroden said...

hi j, that's pretty interesting. i have a few old books on palmistry and each has a different map, so i never even thought to see if there was a "universal" one, or to look online... i'm still part dinosaur :-)

9:08 PM  
Blogger * said...

Amazing photograph, I used to clip fave images from magazines years ago, don't know where I put them all though, maybe in my attic.

Lovely blog, I'm adding you to my reader!!

10:30 AM  
Blogger kimberly ann josephine said...

this is also interesting: http://palmistindian.blogspot.com/

i have (SOMEWHERE) an old mag of my mother's from the 60s or 70s that taught me palm reading. i seem to be the only 26 year old who can tell which lines are which on the palm...

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home