Saturday, June 23, 2007

the voice of the bird...

voiceofbird

the voice of the bird
for a bird of the air shall carry the voice
birds of the air have nests
birds of the air
flee as a bird
as a bird
speckled bird

"jesse howard, the man with signs and wonders, reinventing the past and talking to the present up there among the ragweed and thorn trees on sorehead hill, was never too old to learn."

from naives and visionaries, walker art center catalog, 1974
(p.s. note how nicely this sounds a bit like ian hamilton finlay...and the beautiful painted wheel...)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seth - I'm a longtime reader . . . I added a recipe page to my website that makes use of the proofsheet of Cage in Vogue that you posted back in September (the recipes are mostly going to be by or about Fluxus people - I'm adding more gradually - and he was really appropriate and it's a great sheet). I credit and linkback to the post from the page. Please let me know if this bothers you, and I'll take it down.

http://mavo.nu/writing/recipes/

Thanks either way for the fascinating & rewarding blog.

Finn (f at mavo dot nu)

8:27 AM  
Blogger sroden said...

hey seth,
that's fine (maybe you can send me a bottle of george maciunas’s kvass soda in return :-), i'll have to try and make some of that stuff if my life ever gives me some actual free time... nice blog you have as well.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home